These Terms hold the terms of the Unified Partner Program (“Partner Program”) which governs how Unified rewards participating referral partners (“Partners”) for each net new Partner Client that becomes enrolled as a new client of Unified.
By clicking on “I agree” (or a similar box or button) when you sign up for the Partner Program or participating in any Partner Program activities, you agree to be bound by the applicable sections of the following Terms (“Agreement”). The Agreement is between you, as Partner (as defined below) and Unified Law Group, PB LLC, a Delaware public benefit limited liability company and its Affiliates (collectively, “Unified”).
You can review the current version of the Agreement at any time at unified. Law/partners/partner-program-terms-of-service. Unified reserves the right to update and change the Agreement by posting updates and changes here: unified. Law/partners/ partner-program-terms-of-service. If a significant change is made, we will provide reasonable notice by email or posting a notice on the Unified website. Please check the Agreement occasionally for any updates or changes that may affect you. Any reference to the Agreement includes any terms and documents incorporated by reference.
Partner must complete these actions and satisfy these requirements before qualifying for a Partner Incentive:
- Partner must be accepted to the Partner Program and agree to these Terms
- Partner cannot be a current Unified client
- Partner must follow Unified Partner and Supplier Code of Conduct
Membership to the Partner Program may change and it is the Partner’s responsibility to keep good and active standing within the Partner Program to ensure continued qualification for Partner Incentives. If partner program status is revoked or otherwise removed, Partner will not qualify for the Partner Incentives for current and future quarter payments.
“Discount” means the discount given to Partner or Partner’s Client relating to Unified Services.
“Partner Client” means a client that (i) Partner referred to Unified, (ii) has an Employer Identification Number, (iii) is not a current or previously Unified client, and (iv) has paid at least one Unified invoice.
“Partner Level” means the Partner Program level assigned to Partner based on Partner qualifications, methods of referrals, and Revenue Share volume.
“Revenue Share” means a recurring cash payment from Unified to Partner relating to Partner Client fully paid-for Unified Services.
“Unified Affiliate” means Unified Accounting and Tax LLP, Unified CPA LLP, Unified Global Talent Solutions NorCal LLC, Unified Global Talent Solutions SoCal LLC, Unified Global CFO Solutions LLC, or Unified Global Insurance LLC.
“UNIFIED for UN Reserves” means any amounts reserved for Unified’ s UNIFIED for UN project which range from 5-10% of most Client Partner engagements.
“Unified Services” means the legal processing, accounting, and tax services listed paid to Unified or a Unified Affiliate and does not include (a) any attorney fees, (b) filing fees, (c) UNIFIED for UN reserves, (d) any pass-through fees (such as health insurance brokerage services, retirement savings services, educational savings plan services, tax-advantaged account services or any other non-Unified services which Unified or Unified Affiliate are providing or may provide ); (e) taxes, (f) unpaid amounts due and owing from Partner Client; and (g) any amounts not allowed to be shared under applicable laws.
Partners have the choice – with each Partner Client – from 3 Partner Incentives: (1) bill Partner Client at a Discount, (2) bill Partner Client at the current advertised rate and Partner will receive a quarterly Revenue Share, and (3) bill Partner at a Discount related to the Partner Client (for example, if white labeling).
Partner Client Registration
There are 3 ways Partners can ensure that Partner Clients credited to the Partner’s
- Through Partner registration with Unified Law;
- During Partner Client enrollment, the Partner Client will be asked who referred the Partner Client – so please instruct the Partner Client to list you;
- Partners enroll the Partner Client and engage Unified on behalf of the Partner Client. A qualifying Partner Client must be a client sourced and referred by the Partner to Unified via the correct channels that has never been a Unified client.
If a referral is made for the same client by more than one Partner, the Partner which sends the qualifying referral first will receive the Partner Incentive and no other partner may receive the Revenue Share unless otherwise stated by Unified due to exceptional circumstances.
Revenue Share Calculation
If Partner chooses the Revenue Share Calculation, for 3 years from Partner Client enrollment, Partner will receive a quarterly commission payment equal to the Partner Level % of Unified Services revenue generated by that Partner.
Unified will pay Partners their Revenue Share for a calendar quarter within 30 days of the later of: (i) the end of such calendar quarter and (ii) the provision of a Form W-9 by Partner to Unified.
*Note. The Revenue Share does not include amounts reserved for the UNIFIED for UN program, filing fees, etc. Please see the definition of Unified Services.
If Partner chooses the Discount Incentive, for 3 years from Partner Client enrollment, Partner will receive a discount equal to the Partner Level % of Unified Services generated by that Partner. Unified will deduct the Discount for each invoice related to the Partner Client.
*Note. The Discount does not include amounts reserved for the UNIFIED for UN program, filing fees, etc. Please see the definition of Unified Services.
Term and Termination
Unified may end these Terms or the Program or change the Terms or the Program and at any time, at Unified’ s sole discretion, without notice. Unified may accept, decline, or expel any person, accounting firm or accountant, Partner, or Partner Client from the Program at any time and reserves the right to end its relationship with any existing participant in the Program.
Termination does not relieve either party from its obligation to pay any unpaid fees to the other party under this Agreement. Termination does not relieve either Party from performing under any Partner Client agreement.
Each party (“Receiving Party”) understands that the other party (“Disclosing Party”) has disclosed or may disclose business, technical or financial information relating to Disclosing Party’s business (“Proprietary Information” of Disclosing Party). Proprietary Information of Unified includes non-public information regarding Unified’s business, Unified’s clients, Unified’s partners, etc. Proprietary Information of Partner includes non-public data provided by Partner to Unified to enable Unified Services (“Partner Data”). Receiving Party agrees to take reasonable precautions to protect such Proprietary Information, and not to use (except for applicable Partner Clients) or divulge to any third person any such Proprietary Information. Disclosing Party agrees that the foregoing will not apply for any information Receiving Party can document:
- is or becomes generally available to the public;
- was in its possession or known by its before receipt from Disclosing Party;
- was rightfully disclosed to it without restriction by a third party;
- was independently developed without any Proprietary Information of Disclosing Party; or must be disclosed by law.
During the term of this Agreement, Unified grants to Partner a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to display the Unified Trademarks solely as necessary to perform Partner’s obligations under this Agreement. Partner agrees that: it will use Unified’s Trademarks only as permitted under this Agreement; it will use the Unified Trademarks in a lawful manner and in strict compliance with all format(s), guidelines, standards and other requirements prescribed by Unified in writing from time to time; the Unified Trademarks are and will remain the sole property of Unified; nothing in this Agreement will confer in Partner any right of ownership in the Unified Trademarks and all use thereof by Partner will inure to the benefit of Unified; Partner will not, apply for or contest the validity of any Unified Trademarks; and Partner will not apply for or use any term or mark confusingly similar to any Unified Trademarks.
Restrictions on Partner’s Use of the Unified Trademarks
Partner will not:
- use the Unified Trademarks or variations or misspellings thereof in Partner’s business name, logo, branding, advertising, social media or domain name (including without limitation top-level domains, sub-domains and page URLs), products or services, unless granted express written permission by Unified before each use;
- purchase or register search engine or other pay-per-click keywords (such as Google Ads), trademarks, email addresses or domain names that use the Unified Trademarks or any variations or misspellings thereof that may be deceptively or confusingly similar to the Unified Trademarks;or
- reproduce, sell, republish, display, or otherwise distributed for public or commercial purposes any of Unified’s work product.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding anything to contrary, except for bodily injury of a person, Unified and its Affiliates, officers, affiliates, representatives, contractors and employees will not be responsible or liable regarding any subject matter of this agreement or terms related thereto under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory:
- for any indirect, exemplary, incidental, special or consequential damages;
- for any matter beyond company’s reasonable control; or
- for any amounts that, together with amounts associated with all other claims, exceed the fees paid by Partner or Partner Clients to Unified
- for Unified Services under this agreement in the 12 months before the act that gave rise to the liability,in each case, whether the Unified has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Both Unified and Partner may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, effective immediately upon notice to the party. Unified reserves the right to cancel or change the Partner Program in its entirety, including Partner Incentives, at any time. If a meaningful change is made to the Agreement, including any material change to Partner Incentives, Unified will provide reasonable notice by email or posting a notice on the Unified website.
Consequences of Termination
Upon termination of this Agreement: each party will return to the other party, or destroy (and certify such destruction), all property of the other party in its possession or control; Partner will immediately cease displaying any Unified Partner or any Unified Trademarks; and all rights granted to Partner under this agreement will immediately cease, including but not limited to the right of Partner to receive any Partner Incentives, unless otherwise determined by Unified in its sole discretion.
Termination does not relieve either Unified or Partner from obligations to pay any unpaid fees or Partner Incentives relating to qualified Partner Clients.
If Partner provides any feedback (including identifying potential errors and improvements) to Unified concerning the Partner Program or any other product or service provided by Unified, Partner assigns to Unified all right, title, and interest in the Feedback, and Unified may use, reproduce, disclose, and otherwise exploit the Feedback without attribution, payment or restriction. Unified will treat any Feedback as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Partner must not send Feedback it considers confidential or proprietary.
Partner and Unified are independent contractors in all matters relating to this agreement, and this agreement will not be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency, employment, or any other relationship between Partner and Unified.
Other Partner terms
If the Partner is an individual, you must be the older of (i) 18 years, or (ii) at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live and from where you carry out Partner activities
To become a Partner, Partner must supply all information indicated as required. Unified may reject an application for participation in the Partner Program for any reason, in its sole discretion. Partner acknowledges that Unified will use the email address provided by Partner as the primary method for communication.
If you sign up for the Partner Program on behalf of your employer, your employer will be considered to be the Partner for this Agreement, and you represent and warrant you have the authority to bind your employer to this Agreement. Each Partner handles: ensuring that its employees, agents and subcontractors comply with this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement by Partner’s employees, agents or subcontractors.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties about its partner relationship with Unified and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the same subject matter.
- This Agreement can be changed only by a written amendment signed by the parties.
- Failure to enforce any provisions of this agreement will not be a waiver.
- If any provision is unenforceable, the other provisions will remain effective.
- Unified and Partner can execute this agreement by electronic signatures in counterparts, which taken together will constitute one agreement.
- Neither party may assign or transfer this agreement without the prior written consent of the other party.
- Any notice under this agreement must be in writing and delivered personally or by overnight courier or sent by email.
- These provisions survive termination or end of this agreement: Confidentiality. Proprietary rights, Limitations of Liabilities, Governing Law and Final Provisions.
- Unified reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to change, update, or change this Agreement from time to time, so review this page periodically. When we change the Agreement in a material manner, we will update the “last modified” date at the top of this page.